March 10th – 13th
March Labour Day Long Weekend for the Mt Bogong Conquestathon!
The Conquestathon is a run or hike to the top of Victoria’s highest mountain. This event is not billed as a competition but times are kept and runners are welcome.
The course starts & finishes at Mountain Creek Picnic & Camping Area. It’s a 20km round trip with a climb of 1,300 metres. Entry is approx. $30. The event is organised and staffed by members of the Upper Kiewa Valley Lions Club. All proceeds go to their community projects.
I will be hosting a weekend including:
* Friday – Meet & greet and after travel run
* Saturday – Pre-race run
* Saturday – Course info & trailrunning information session
* Sunday – The Bogong Conquestaton
* Sunday – Recovery run & swim
* Monday easy run & coffee before departing Mount Beauty
$10 per session or $50 for the whole weekend.
Accomodation options available range from camping to luxury chalets. Guests to arrange.